Simon Says Stamp -- Rays of Sunshine #2 (February 2016)

Here I am watching the Super Bowl.  I'm trying really hard NOT to watch it because if I do I know the Broncos will lose.  My friends will be upset if they do and since it would be bad luck for me to "watch" the game I figure if I listen to it and craft all will be well.....right?  We'll see.

So I wanted to try the watercoloring technique with Dina Wakley's acrylic paints.  My first try at it was earlier this week during a snow day.  The Monday challenge with Simon Says Stamp focuses on her products and the theme this week is "Rays of Sunshine."

I don't have many Dina Wakley products so I tried to work with the two stamp sets I do have and the acrylic paints.  Here is my second attempt at "Rays of Sunshine."

The process for the tag is after the photo.

Bee keep taking chances

I took a #8 sized tag.  I colored the background with Scattered Straw Distress Stain.  I spritzed it with some water to even it out.  I then took some Ranger Texture Paste Matte and colored with a "custom color" from Dina Wakley's acrylic paints.  I used Lemon color and added some white to break down some the brightness of the yellow.  I then added the texture paste to it to create a yellow "sun" colored texture paste.  I used the Tim Holtz "Rays" Stencil and my custom yellow texture paste to create the rays of sunshine.  I set that aside to dry (it took a while to dry).  I then worked on the bumble bee.

The bumble bee was stamped on watercolor paper in Black Archival Ink.  He was then "watercolored" using the Lemon, Tangerine, Black, Magenta, and Sterling.    Sterling and Magenta were mixed together to create a bit of a pink-ish metallic look for the wings.  The bee stamp came from Dina Wakley's Scribbly Insects stamp set.
While that was drying I colored some Wild Orchid Crafts Daisy flowers in Tim Holtz Squeezed Lemonade.  I let them dry.

Once the tag and the flowers were dry, I grabbed a G45 door pull as a "window box" to put the flowers in it for the bee.  I fussy cut the bee from the watercolor paper (which was not easy if I might add).  I had a couple cuts of the foliage from the Tim Holtz decorative strip from an earlier project and added those for greenery.

I then stamped "keep taking chances" from the Dina Wakley Handwritten Quotes Stamp set in Orange Blossom Archival Ink.  I used a G45 piece of Kraft-Core for the stamped section.  I then attached everything to the tag.  I finished it with a Distress Stain Squeezed Lemonade ribbon.

Loading similar posts...   Loading links to posts on similar topics...

No Responses

No new comments allowed.